Great Oak Private, Ottawa, ON
Tall Oak Private, Ottawa, ON
Great Oak Private Unit
Tall Oak Private Unit
Regional Education has two accommodation locations in Ottawa: a 4 bedroom, 5 bathroom unit located on Great Oak Private, and a 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom unit located on Tall Oak Private (please refer to Elentra for house number). Both townhouses are within walking distance to the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO).
All of the Regional Education accommodations are shared with other medical students or residents. The accommodations are co-ed, however, we do our best to try and book learners of the same gender together but sometimes that is not possible. If you choose not to share an assigned apartment, please contact our office immediately to see if an alternate solution can be found.
Our Regional Education accommodations are for the learners use only. Accommodations are not provided for other family members or friends (spouses, children, caregivers, etc).
- No Pets - Please note, our property leases state "No Pets Allowed". Please respect the wishes of the landlord and be respectful of your roommates as many learners suffer from allergies.
- No Smoking/Vaping - Smoking/vaping is NOT permitted in any of the Regional Education accommodations.
- Internet - These accomodations have been set up with a wireless high speed Internet connection.
- Parking - parking is available in the garage and in the driveway at the front of the houses.
- Note: Visitor Parking Spots is for visitors only and not for owners or their tenants. The Visitors Parking may only be used for a very short period of time (ie. to load or unload your vehicle). There is additional parking available on Remembrance Crescent and/or Valour Drive. If you park in Visitors Parking or on the street you will either be ticketed or have your car towed at your own expense.
- Keys - Please make sure to pick up keys from the Regional Education office located in Abramsky Hall, Room 220, 21 Arch Street, Kingston.
- Travel - The cost of 1 return trip for each completed two-week time period is available for reimbursement. All travel reimbursements are contingent upon fulfillment of learner responsibilities.
- Linens - Bed, bath and kitchen linens are provided. All linens used must be laundered prior to your departure.
- Garbage and Recycling - Garbage and recycling pick-up is every Tuesday. Please be sure garbage and recycling is put out no later than 7am (City of Ottawa Garbage Schedule).
Note: recycling is picked up every week but one week is the black box (paper/cardboard) and the next week is the blue box (glass/metal/plastic). Please visit the Blue & Black Box Recycling page for more information.
Resident Accommodation Booking Process
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your out-of-town rotation please contact the Regional Education office:
Phone: (613) 533-6000 ext 77606