Bur Oak Avenue, Markham, ON
(Hover over image for photo gallery)
Regional Education has an accommodation in a new townhouse located on Bur Oak Avenue, Unit #2 (right hand side) in the Community of Cornell (please refer to Elentra for house number). Approximately 2200 square feet of living space the unit offers 4 bedrooms, fridge, stove, dishwasher, washer, dryer, central air, wireless internet service and 3 outdoor parking spaces.
The townhouse is within walking distance to Markham Stouffville Hospital, a cafe and various shops with easy access to Hwy 407.
All of the Regional Education accommodations are shared with other medical students or residents. The accommodations are co-ed, however, we do our best to try and book learners of the same gender together but sometimes that is not possible. If you choose not to share an assigned apartment, please contact our office immediately to see if an alternate solution can be found.
Our Regional Education accommodations are for the learners use only. Accommodations are not provided for other family members or friends (spouses, children, caregivers, etc).
- No Pets - Please note, our property leases state "No Pets Allowed". Please respect the wishes of the landlord and be respectful of your roommates as many learners suffer from allergies.
- No Smoking/Vaping - Smoking/vaping is NOT permitted in any of the Regional Education accommodations.
- Internet - These accomodations have been set up with a wireless high speed Internet connection.
- Parking - is available at the rear of the townhouse. Please park on the left hand side of the driveway only (3 vehicles will fit down the one side of the driveway). Please do not park in the driveway if your vehicle is leaking fluid of any kind. You will be held financially responsible for any damage your vehicle causes.
- Keys - Keys for the accommodation may be picked up from the Markham Stouffville Hospital switchboard.
- Travel - The cost of 1 return trip for each completed two-week time period is available for reimbursement. All travel reimbursements are contingent upon fulfillment of learner responsibilities.
- Linens - Bed, bath and kitchen linens are provided. All linens used must be laundered prior to your departure.
Markham Stouffville Hospital requires all medical trainees to complete their Medical Trainee Information form prior to the commencement of the rotation. This form will be provided by the Medical Administration Assistant.
- Travel reimbursement is contingent upon fulfillment of LEARNER RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Travel Reimbursement Bulletin
Regional Site Contacts:
Dr. Chris Tang
Regional Education Psychiatry Lead
Phone: (905) 472-7011
Student Affairs Representative
Phone: (905) 472-7016
Student Placement Office
Markham Stouffville Hospital
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your out-of-town rotation please contact the Regional Education office:
Phone: (613) 533-6000 ext 77606