Endowment Fund Grant Application CTAQ Awards - 2018
- Terms of Reference and Application Process
- There will be at least one annual competition.
- The principal investigator must be a CTAQ member in good standing.
- The primary objective is to aid members within the first 5 years of their research careers to develop a research program. Preference will be given to pilot projects that lead to applications for external support in the future.
- Individual CTAQ members are limited to a maximum of three successful applications.
- Funds may be provided for research supplies and personnel.
- Funds will not be provided for conference travel or physician and graduate student income.
- Requests solely for capital equipment are generally discouraged but will be considered if it is an essential component within a research proposal. Requests for "household" and office equipment such as video cameras and computers will be generally given a low priority.
- There must be evidence of strong departmental support including time and/or finances.
- Funds for individual grants will normally be limited to a maximum of $20,000.
- Funds will be for up to a 2-year period. A brief progress report is required at the end of the first year, and a final report is required within three months of the completion of the project.
- Deadline for applications is February 28, 2018 at midnight.
- Applications will be reviewed by the CTAQ Endowment Fund Committee.
- Funding will be available in the spring of 2018. Queen’s Research Ethics Board approval must be obtained before funds are made available.
Each submission must include:
1. A completed CTAQ Endowment Fund Application Form emailed with supporting documents to email@example.com prior to February 28, 2018.
2. A TRAQ DSS (Award) (http://www.queensu.ca/traq/signon.html) must be completed for all applications in order to be considered for funding and, if successful, for the administration of the project. TRAQ will electronically route your application for department head and/or additional review and authorization. Applicants using hospital resources must allow sufficient time for hospital operations directors’ review and approval. The completed application must be uploaded to the TRAQ DSS . (When completing the Sponsor tab, the Agency is “Southeastern Ontario Academic Medical Organization (SEAMO)” and the Program is “Research (CTAQ) Endowment Fund”).
Applicants in need of advice on study design, statistical analysis, or any other aspect of the application are encouraged to seek mentorship prior to submission, rather than after. Advice should be sought from experienced researchers within the applicant’s own Department, and/or from the Kingston General Hospital (KGH) Clinical Research Centre by contacting Lisa McAvoy, at the KGH Research Development Office, KGH ext 3344.
For additional questions, please contact Alison Infante, CTAQ Secretariat at 613-533-2660 or 613-549-6666 ext. 4147 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a copy of the 2018 CTAQ Endowment Fund Application form .