Click here for link to committee materials.
This committee is established by SEAMO (as per Policy Number 05-06, 2008 February 5) to develop processes for the assignment of Undergraduate Medical Education deliverables to Faculty Members of the School of Medicine and to monitor those processes. In doing so it will work in collaboration with the Office of Undergraduate Medical Education and specifically the Associate Dean who will be charged with defining the undergraduate medical education requirements based on realistic estimates of time required using half days as the basic unit of measure.
- Reviewing the undergraduate medical education requirements prepared by the Undergraduate Office and Associate Dean on an annual basis.
- Developing policies whereby those educational requirements are assigned to Clinical Departments within the School of Medicine.
- Monitoring compliance of the various Clinical Departments with their educational assignments.
- Reporting on departmental performance in undergraduate education, through the Director, School of Medicine and CEO SEAMO, to the SEAMO Governing Committee and School of Medicine Council.
- The Associate Dean, Undergraduate Medical Education, who will chair the committee.
- Four Heads of Departments within the School of Medicine one of whom will come from a Basic Science Department.
All Departments will serve on a rotational basis and for two year terms. On implementation two of the first members will be appointed for three years to allow for appropriate overlap.
The committee will report to both the SEAMO Governing Committee and the School of Medicine Executive, through the Director of the School of Medicine and CEO of SEAMO.