Queen's uses the 13-Block rotation schedule which has several advantages for our residents:
- With a 13-block schedule, all rotations are equivalent with thirteen blocks of four weeks each. This creates consistency in clinical exposure.
- The schedule allows for flexibility, adding in an extra block each year which can be used for electives or remediation.
- Blocks begin on Tuesdays, avoiding holiday Mondays and any disruptions these might cause.
- The same rotation schedule is also used by Ottawa, Western, and McMaster, allowing for consistency for residents completing rotations at those universities. Schedules for residents completing rotations at the University of Toronto can be found here.
Download Common Rotation Schedules:
- 2021-2025 (Queen's, McMaster, Ottawa, Western)
- 2021-2025 (UofT and NOSM)