A letter has been sent to all of us from the Provost’s Office about copyright. In essence it states:
- Queen’s has decided along with many other universities not to sign a license with Access Copyright.
- All course materials must comply with Copyright Act and other university policies/guidelines. Do NOT post scanned copyrighted material to MEdTech (or Moodle) or on a course website without obtaining clearance from the Copyright Advisory Office.
- The Copyright Advisory Office’s service will facilitate copyright compliance for course materials. This involves investigation and purchase of copyright clearance for chapters from a book or other print source.
- Course Packs and Library course reserves are other options for you.
- The Copyright Advisory Office can help you select specific options for your courses.
- A new system for this academic year will assist you in uploading materials and assuring materials comply with both accessibility and copyright materials. More details will follow in the fall.
- Please contact the Copyright Advisory Office, using their website: which has FAQs etc. Or contact Copyright Specialist Mark Swartz at (613) 533-6000 ext 78510 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the complete letter from the Provost’s Office click here.