Regional Education has accommodations in buildings located on Kingsdale Drive and Simcoe Street North (please refer to Elentra for building and unit numbers). All accommodations are within easy walking distance to Lakeridge Health Oshawa.
All of the Regional Education accommodations are shared with other medical students or residents. The accommodations are co-ed, however, we do our best to try and book learners of the same gender together but sometimes that is not possible. If you choose not to share an assigned apartment, please contact our office immediately to see if an alternate solution can be found.
Our Regional Education accommodations are for the learners use only. Accommodations are not provided for other family members or friends (spouses, children, caregivers, etc).
- No Pets - Please note, our property leases state "No Pets Allowed". Please respect the wishes of the landlord and be respectful of your roommates as many learners suffer from allergies.
- No Smoking/Vaping - Smoking/vaping is NOT permitted in any of the Regional Education accommodations.
- Internet - These accommodations have been set up with a wireless high speed Internet connection.
- Travel - The cost of 1 return trip for each completed two-week time period is available for reimbursement. All travel reimbursements are contingent upon fulfillment of learner responsibilities.
- Linens - Bed, bath and kitchen linens are provided. All linens used must be laundered prior to your departure.
For Ontario Shores Psychiatry rotations the TB requirements are as follows:
A baseline documented two-Step Tuberculosis skin test (TST) 8 weeks prior to your start date. Unless you have:
- Documented results of a prior two step skin test OR
- Documentation of a negative TST within the last 12 months;
In which case a single-step test must be given within 8 weeks of start date.
- HCWs who are found to be TST positive do not require a TB skin test but must have been assessed by your attending medical practitioner AND have completed a recent chest x-ray.
- HCW with previously positive TB skin tests are attesting that you are free from signs or symptoms of active TB disease.
Lakeridge Health will contact all medical trainees four weeks prior to the rotation start date at which time a UG or PG Trainee General Orientation document will be provided. All trainees are expected to read this document and bring the following items on the first day of the rotation:
- Student Number.
- CPSO, CFPC and CMPA membership cards (PG trainees only).
- Medical Trainee Data Form from the orientation document.
- Statement of Confidentiality Form from the orientation document.
- Approved Respirator Type and Test Date verification card.
- Proof of influenza vaccination.
Regional Site Contacts:
Dr. Randy Wax,
Regional Director of Clinical Education
Medical Trainee Coordinator & Regional Learner Advocate
(905) 576-8711 ext 34203
Queen's Lakeridge Specialty Site Assistant
(905) 576-8711 ext 32308
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your out-of-town rotation please contact the Regional Education office:
Phone: (613) 533-6000 ext 77606