Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider
This two day Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider course enables health-care professionals to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to better recognize and treat critically ill infants and children. The course materials are scenario-based, and a team approach is used to teach emergency management of pediatric patients approaching or already in respiratory or cardiac arrest, from the early minutes through patient stabilization and/or the transport phases of a pediatric emergency, in or out of the hospital.
The PALS course is designed for health-care professionals who initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies and for health-care students seeking first-time or renewed PALS-training credentials.
The prerequisite for PALS is a current HSFC BLS for Health-care Provider (C) card.
PALS Course Content
- Recognition and treatment of infants and children at risk for cardiopulmonary arrest
- Systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- Effective respiratory management
- Validation of skills for one-person and two-person CPR and AED skills for infants and children
- Defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion
- Intraosseous access and fluid bolus administration
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
A current Heart and Stroke BLS certification is a mandatory prerequisite for this course, as mandated by the Heart and Stroke Foundation. The CSC will be running a two and a half hour Heart and Stroke BLS recertification course prior to all ACLS and PALS courses. Please check our courses page to register (cost $70 including manual).
There is also a PALS re-certification course offered during this time.
PALS certification is valid for 2 years.
- Yet to be scheduled
Please click here for payment section
If you wish to contact someone concerning these sessions, please contact Myrna Horton at email@example.com