What is the QMED Help Tool?
This tool is intended as a quick reference for medical students at Queen’s University who find themselves in an emergency or crisis situation or needing quick reference/guidance.
Note: The Help Tool provides information and links to resources, but does not connect you directly to assistance.
For advice, choose from the categories below:
Crisis / Professionalism
- "I am experiencing a personal crisis." or "I am worried about a friend in crisis."
- "I am dealing with threatening, concerning, or unprofessional behaviour."
- Office of Interfaith Chaplain
Injury / Illness
- "I've experienced a workplace injury (e.g. needle-stick)."
- "I've experienced a non-workplace injury or illness."
- "I've missed an exam (or am about to miss an exam)"
- "I am worried about my performance on an exam or assessment"
- "I may require academic accommodation"
- "I may require short-term academic accomodation"
- "I am having issues with my laptop and there is an upcoming examination"
If there is additional information or other situations you would like to suggest we include or for any other comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.