Information for International Applicants Residing Outside of Canada
There are many international trainees in a variety of training programs at Queen’s University.
Postgraduate training agreements are currently in place between Queen’s University, Faculty of Health Sciences and sponsoring agencies from the following countries: Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
Applications must be forwarded to the Postgraduate Medical Education Office by the sponsoring agency for consideration.
*Please note that all internationally sponsored trainees must complete the Pre-Entry Assessment Period (PEAP). Please review the conditions of the PEAP closely, training dates will be affected by this requirement.
International Clinical Fellowship-without a postgraduate training agreement
If you are a trainee from a country not mentioned in the above list and are interested in a clinical fellowship at Queen’s University, you will need to contact the program you are interested in directly to see if they have the capacity to accept new trainees. A postgraduate training agreement may be required before final approval by the Associate Dean, Postgraduate Medical Education.
Acceptable Sources of Funding
Acceptable sources of funding include foreign governments, foreign government agencies, health related charitable organizations or departmental funding. Private or personal funds are not acceptable. The Postgraduate Medical Education Office does not have funding for fellowships.
The application package must include the following items:
- A letter from the sponsoring agency which confirms full financial support for the duration of the training.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae which includes applicants date of birth, citizenship and e-mail address.
- A copy of the medical degree (with English Translation, where applicable)
- A copy of the specialty certification (with English Translation, where applicable)
- Three letters of reference on letterhead, signed and dated within two years of the date of application.
Successful candidates will be contacted by the Postgraduate Medical Education Office with a letter of appointment and registration information.
Please note that once approved, it can take approximately 6 to 8 months to fully process your application.
If you have questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org