(Hover over image for photo gallery)
Regional Education has a 5-bedroom house located on Dobbin Avenue which has a full 3-bedroom apartment upstairs as well as a 2-bedroom apartment in the basement (please refer to Elentra for house number). Each floor has it's own kitchen, living room, dining room, bathroom and laundry room.
All of the Regional Education accommodations are shared with other medical students or residents. The accommodations are co-ed, however, we do our best to try and book learners of the same gender together but sometimes that is not possible. If you choose not to share an assigned apartment, please contact our office immediately to see if an alternate solution can be found.
Our Regional Education accommodations are for the learners use only. Accommodations are not provided for other family members or friends (spouses, children, caregivers, etc).
- No Pets - Please note, our property leases state "No Pets Allowed". Please respect the wishes of the landlord and be respectful of your roommates as many learners suffer from allergies.
- No Smoking - Smoking is NOT permitted in any of the Regional Education accommodations.
- Internet - These accomodations have been set up with a wireless high speed Internet connection.
- Parking - There are 5 parking spots available at the house, one in the garage and 4 in the driveway.
- Keys - Pick up keys from the Peterborough Regional Health Centre Security Office W3664 which is located just inside the entrance of the Emergency Department. The keys must be returned to Security prior to your departure from Peterborough.
- Travel - The cost of 1 return trip for each completed two-week time period is available for reimbursement. All travel reimbursements are contingent upon fulfillment of learner responsibilities.
- Linens - Bed, bath and kitchen linens are provided. All linens used must be laundered prior to your departure.
The house is a 5 - 10 minute walk to the PRHC hospital. At the end of Dobbin Avenue take the stairs up to Hospital Drive and turn left. Follow Hospital Drive to Peterborough Regional Health Centre ( PRHC Floor Map & Guide).Approximately 3 to 4 weeks prior to the start of a clinical rotation at Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC), you should have received an email from Brenda George, Medical Affairs at PRHC to let you know the requirements of a clinicl placement at PRHC, orientation details, parking information and if applicable instructions for Queen's Regional Education house key pick up.
- Completion of PRHC Health Review form (to obtain a copy of this form please contact Brenda George at email@example.com).
- Malpractice insurance (LOGS).
- Criminal records check to include a vulnerable sector check (LOGS).
- Confirmation of WSIB for approved rotations (LOGS).
- Documented proof of current immunizations to include MMR (2 vaccines or titres to prove immunity), a 2-step TB skin test with current annual 1- step and varicella (history of or titres).
- Proof of influenza vaccination (without proof mask must be worn in all patient care areas).
Several of the items listed above will be included in the Letter of Good Standing (LOGS) that can be obtained through the UGME Office or Residency Program Assistant. Please send the required information to Brenda George (firstname.lastname@example.org) at PRHC.
- Travel reimbursement is contingent upon fulfillment of LEARNER RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Travel Reimbursement Bulletin
- Queen's Tenants Insurance Program - Beneficiary Coverage Summary
Regional Site Contacts:
Dr. Bharat Maini,
Regional Learner Advocate
Phone: (705) 761-5656
Dr. Greg Bishop,
Regional Learner Advocate
Phone: (705) 772-1218
Medical Learners, Credentialing & Physician Recruitment
Office No. W4803
Phone: (705) 743-2121 ext 3032
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your out-of-town rotation please contact the Regional Education office:
Phone: (613) 533-6000 ext 77606