(Hover over image for photo gallery)
The Regional Education accommodation is a 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom house located on Masson Street (please refer to MEdTech Central for house number). The house is in a quiet neighbourhood within easy walking distance to the Lakeridge Health Oshawa hospital. Click on Unit 1 above to view photos.
All of the Regional Education accommodations are shared with other medical students or residents. The accommodations are co-ed, however, we do our best to try and book learners of the same gender together but sometimes that is not possible. If you choose not to share an assigned apartment, please contact our office immediately to see if an alternate solution can be found.
Our Regional Education accommodations are for the learners use only. Accommodations are not provided for other family members or friends (spouses, children, caregivers, etc).
- No Pets - Please note, our property leases state "No Pets Allowed". Please respect the wishes of the landlord and be respectful of your roommates as many learners suffer from allergies.
- No Smoking - Smoking is NOT permitted in any of the Regional Education accommodations.
- Internet - This accomodation has been set up with a wireless high speed Internet connection.
- Parking - One parking spot availabile in the garage and three in the driveway (2 up by the garage door and 1 across the bottom of the driveway, do not block sidewalk).
- Keys - Pick up keys from the Telecommunication Office at Lakeridge Health Oshawa - more information can be found on MEdTech. The keys must be returned prior to your departure from Oshawa. If the keys are not returned the learner will be held responsible for covering the $50 replacement cost. The keys are needed for the next learner who arrives the following day.
- Travel - The cost of 1 return trip for each completed two-week time period is available for reimbursement. All travel reimbursements are contingent upon fulfillment of learner responsibilities.
- Linens - Bed, bath and kitchen linens are provided. All linens used must be laundered prior to your departure.
- Garbage & Recycling - Garbage bin is kept in the garage. Garbage collection is every 2nd week on Tuesdays and must be taken out to the curb before 7am Tuesday morning (see attached schedule). You are responsible for taking your recycling to the curb every week and bringing bins back in after collection.
- Travel reimbursement is contingent upon fulfillment of LEARNER RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Travel Reimbursement Bulletin
Regional Site Contacts:
Dr. Randy Wax,
Regional Education Leader/Regional Learner Advocate
(905) 576-8711 ext 4823
Medical Trainee Coordinator
(905) 576-8711 ext 4203
Queen's Lakeridge Specialty Site Coordinator
(905) 576-8711 ext 2308
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your out-of-town rotation please contact the Regional Education office:
Phone: (613) 533-6000 ext 77606