In order to be considered for the QuARMS pathway, applicants must:
- Apply to Queen’s through the Ontario Universities’ Applications Centre (OUAC) and submit a complete application to one, or more, of the following Queen’s University undergraduate programs:
- Applicants MUST then select “QuARMS Pathway” from the available drop-down menu for at least one of the qualifying program choices on their OUAC applications. Applicants must also meet the admission requirements for the undergraduate program to which they apply.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete a supplemental application.
If accepted into the QuARMS Pathway:
- Successfully complete two years of undergraduate study including all QuARMS activities.
- Apply for a seat in the School of Medicine at Queen’s. Admissions to QuARMS does not guarantee admission to the School of Medicine. If you are not accepted or choose not to apply, then you may remain a student in your undergraduate program.
*Please note that due to the competitiveness of the QuARMS pathway, meeting the admissions requirements for the applicable undergraduate program does not guarantee admission into the QuARMS pathway.
Indigenous students applying to QuARMS:
Indigenous applicants will need to submit one of the following documents (proof of Indigenous ancestry):
- Indian status cards from First Nations who are federally recognized and those listed on the Indigenous & Northern Affairs Canada website;
- Non-Status First Nations applicants may provide their parents and/or grandparents Indian status card & long form birth certificate or baptismal certificate;
- A membership card indicating that they are a Non-Status First Nations who are currently in a court case (example: Algonquin);
- Métis citizenship from organizations that are members of the Métis National Council;
- Nunavut Trust Certificate card or Inuit roll number
For assistance with the Indigenous Access Policy, please contact the Indigenous Recruitment & Access Coordinator at the Faculty of Health Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org OR the Indigenous Recruitment Coordinator at the Faculty of Arts & Science: email@example.com
Step 1 (NOVEMBER - JANUARY): Apply through OUAC to an eligible undergraduate program for the QuARMS pathway (Arts, Science, Computing, Life Sciences or Health Sciences). Select QuARMS pathway as ‘subject of major interest’ and ensure application is submitted by the deadline.
Step 2 (FEBRUARY): If selected, candidate will be sent a supplemental application to complete. Please Note: The supplemental application has now been sent. Please check your email inbox, spam or junk folders. The deadline to complete the form is February 17, 2021 at 12:00 PM (noon) EST.
Step 3 (MARCH - APRIL): After the supplemental application process, if invited, candidates participate in the interview process.
Step 4 (APRIL): All Candidates who participated in an interview will be notified of their application status.
After being accepted to Queen’s and completing 2 years of undergraduate study and the QuARMS activities:
Step 5 (AFTER 2 Years of undergraduate study) : Apply directly to the School of Medicine Admissions committee for entry into the MD program.
Step 6: If you are offered a place in the MD program and choose to accept, you will start your 4-year medical degree.
If you are not accepted, or choose not to apply, then you may remain a student in your undergraduate program.