Admission procedures are reviewed annually and requirements from previous years may not apply. Queen’s University reserves the right to change admission requirements at any time, without notice. Submission deadlines are final, and the instructions provided and must be followed for your application to be considered. When you submit an application to the QuARMS, you accept the current admission policies and procedures, as well as the methods by which the applicants are selected.
In order to be considered for the QuARMS pathway, applicants must:
- Meet the eligibility criteria on our Prospective QuARMS Students page.
- Apply to Queen’s through the Ontario Universities’ Applications Centre (OUAC) and submit a complete application to one, or more, of the following Queen’s University undergraduate programs:
- Applicants who are enrolled at a secondary school outside of Ontario, including 1st year CEGEP students, are required to submit a complete a high school transcript, including a listing of all course enrolments for the current academic year to Undergrauate Admissions.For information on how to submit documents please visit:
https://www.queensu.ca/admission/about-applying/documents Please take into consideration processing time when submitting. Late transcript submissions are not guaranteed to be accepted.).Course and grade information for applicants currently enrolled at an Ontario secondary school will be submitted automatically to Queen’s with their OUAC 101 Application. It is the responsibility of Ontario applicants to ensure their grades and course enrolments are reported correctly by their school to OUAC by the QuARMS application deadline.
- NEW FOR THIS CYCLE: Complete the QuARMS Intent to Apply form. The link to this form is to be made available on the Intent to Apply Form Tab the first week of October.
- All steps must be completed and submitted by the QuARMS application deadline. (No exceptions)
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an additional supplemental application and interview (if invited).
- Due to the competitiveness of the QuARMS pathway, meeting the admissions requirements for the applicable undergraduate program(s) does not guarantee admission into the QuARMS pathway. If you are unsuccessful in the QuARMS pathway application process, you will still remain eligible for consideration in the Undergraduate program(s) you applied to.
- Our communication with QuARMS applicants is done through email. It is the applicant’s responsibility to monitor their email and all associated email folders (inbox, spam, junk, etc.) during the application process. This includes ensuring that email inboxes and associated folders are not full and are able to receive incoming mail. We are not responsible for any correspondence that is not answered by stipulated deadlines. Any invitations that are not answered by our stipulated deadline for each piece of the application will be considered declined. (No exceptions)
If accepted into the QuARMS Pathway:
- Successfully complete two years of undergraduate study in the applicable program and all QuARMS activities. This includes meeting the requirements of both the QuARMS pathway as well as the first 2 years of an Honours degree in the Faculty of Arts and Science or Health Sciences, along with core science and arts courses.
- Apply for consideration for entry into the MD program at the School of Medicine at Queen’s University. Admissions to QuARMS does not guarantee admission to the MD program. If you are not accepted in the MD program or choose not to apply, then you may remain a student in your undergraduate program.
Indigenous applicants applying to QuARMS:
Indigenous applicants will need to submit one of the following documents at the supplemental application step (proof of Indigenous ancestry):
- Indian status cards from First Nations who are federally recognized and those listed on the Indigenous & Northern Affairs Canada website;
- For Non-Status First Nations, your parent's and/or grandparent's Indian status card and the applicant's long form birth certificate and (if applicable) the respective parent's or grandparent's baptismal certificate.
- A membership card indicating that they are a Non-Status First Nations who are currently in a court case (example: Algonquin);
- Métis citizenship from organizations that are members of the Métis National Council;
- Nunavut Trust Certificate card or Inuit roll number
For assistance with the Indigenous Access Policy, please contact the Indigenous Recruitment & Access Coordinator at the Faculty of Health Sciences: email@example.com OR the Indigenous Recruitment Coordinator at the Faculty of Arts & Science: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Apply through OUAC to one or more eligible undergraduate programs for the QuARMS pathway (Arts, Science, Computing, Life Sciences and Biochemistry or Health Sciences) and complete the QuARMS Intent to Apply form (link to this form to be made available on the How to Apply page the first week of October).
Deadline to apply: December 8, 2022, at 11:59 PM (EST)
Step 2 (December): Selected candidates will be emailed a supplemental application to complete.
Step 3 (March): After the supplemental applications are reviewed, selected candidates at this step will be invited to participate in the interview process. Candidates offered interviews should be aware that interviews are only scheduled once per year. Rescheduling, regardless of the reason, will not be accommodated. Please note: For 2022 -2023 admissions cycle, all interviews will be conducted virtually and are tentatively scheduled for the March 6-9, 2023.
Step 4 (April): All candidates who completed the interview process will be notified of their application status.
After being accepted to Queen’s and QuARMS, successfully completing 2 years in an eligible undergraduate program and fulfilling all QuARMS requirements:
Step 1: Apply to the School of Medicine Admissions Committee for consideration for entry into the MD program.
Step 2: If you are offered a place in the MD program and choose to accept, you will start your 4-year medical degree.
If you are not accepted, or choose not to apply, then you may remain a student in your undergraduate program.
Thank you for demonstrating your interest in the Queen's Accelerated Route to Medical School (QuARMS) Pathway.
Please read the information below in its entirety before starting the Intent to Apply form (available at the bottom of this page) as there are steps which must be completed in advance of this form.
The application deadline is December 8, 2022, at 11:59 PM (EST). Any forms submitted after this deadline will not be considered. No exceptions.
Before you begin:
- To complete the Intent to Apply form, you will NEED:
- Your OUAC ID (2023-xxxxxx) Do not make this number up or use one from a previous application cycle as we use it as an identifier.
- Your Queen's ID (xxxxxxxx) This will typically be provided to you 5 business days after you submit your OUAC application. Please note that since this step will take a few days, please give yourself enough time to obtain this number before the QuARMS application deadline.
- Applicants who are enrolled at a secondary school outside of Ontario, including 1st year CEGEP students, are required to submit a complete a high school transcript, including a listing of all course enrolments for the current academic year to Undergraduate Admissions. For information on how to submit documents please visit:
- Please ensure that the information you supply in this form matches the information you supplied on your OUAC application. We are not responsible for Intent to Apply forms that cannot be matched to an OUAC application due to inaccuracies.
- You can only complete this form ONCE. If multiple forms are submitted by one individual, then we will only consider the FIRST form that was submitted. We will not consider any others; therefore, it is important that you verify the information on the Intent to Apply form prior to submitting it.
- We will NOT accept updates or edit requests after a form is submitted. Do not make these requests. They will be declined.
- Only complete this form if you meet ALL eligibility criteria for the QuARMS pathway and would like to formally declare your interest in being considered as an applicant for the QuARMS pathway.
By completing the Intent to Apply form, you are declaring the following:
- your interest to be considered for in the QuARMS pathway
- you understand that only the first form submitted will be considered
- you understand that no updates or edits will be made once the form has been submitted
- you meet the eligibility requirements for the QuARMS pathway. If you do not meet the requirements, DO NOT complete this form.
If you are ready and eligible for QuARMS, please complete the form using the link below:
All applicants will receive an email regarding the status of their application to the email that was supplied with their OUAC application.
Applicants who were invited to panel interviews; will receive the results of their application in towards the end of April.
First round offers of Admission will be delivered on the following date: April 2023
Offers will be delivered on a rolling bases until the class has been filled. Information on an applicant’s waitlist position or any further information relative to our wait list process will not be provided. Once the class has been filled, an email will be sent to applicants remaining on the waitlist.
It is your responsibility to add @queensu.ca to your safe senders list and to monitor your email and all associated email folders (inbox, spam, junk, etc.) during the application process. This includes ensuring that email inboxes are able to receive incoming mail. Applicants who receive an offer must respond by the deadline stipulated in the email. Any offers not answered by the deadline, will be set to declined.
All offers are conditional.
When fulfilling the conditions of your offer, it is imperative that you follow the instructions as listed. Failure to follow the submission instructions and deadlines may result in your offer being rescinded.
Submission of documents:
- MUST be in PDF format
- MUST be titled with your last name, first name, and the name of the document.
(i.e., LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_NAME OF DOCUMENT)
- DO NOT combine documents into one PDF unless specified
- DO NOT send multiple emails with separate documents. Please wait until you have gathered all requested documentation and send in one email to the appropriate email address.
- Follow the information below for where to send each document.
All offers of QuARMS admission are conditional upon the following:
Where to Submit/Complete
Accept offer to both the QuARMS pathway and the Undergraduate Program that you have been offered.
Accept your Undergraduate offer on OUAC
Accept your QuARMS offer by emailing: email@example.com
by the stipulated deadline in the offer
Successfully complete current academic year and maintain an academic standing that is acceptable to the Admissions Committee.
At your current educational institution
June of the year of application
Evidence of Canadian citizenship, a copy of your Canadian passport, birth certificate or certificate of Canadian citizenship, or proof of Canadian permanent residency. A Social Insurance Number does not fulfill this requirement. (Please ensure the document is legible for print)
Email to Admissions:
August 1st of the year of application
Submit Vulnerable Persons Police Sector Check at the candidate’s expense.
Information Regarding Police Records Check Policy:
· All students who accept an offer of admission into a Medical, Residency, Nursing or Rehabilitation Therapy program will provide evidence of a Police Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening, conducted at their expense, before they will be permitted to register in the program.
· An applicant or student who submits false, misleading, or incomplete information about a criminal charge or criminal record may be subject to sanction by the School of Medicine and/or the University.
If you are under the age of 18 by the submission deadline, then you are required to complete and submit a Criminal Record of Disclosure form by the deadline instead.
Email a copy to Admissions:
All students are required to submit the original to our office.
Mail official hard copies of the Police Record Check to our Admissions Office at:
80 Barrie Street
Email official digital copies of the Police Record Check to our Admissions Office to:
August 1st of the year of application
Offers of admission may be rescinded if the selected candidate fails to meet any admission requirement or any one of the conditions of their offer.
Communication with applicants will be through the email address provided in your OUAC application. As such, it is your responsibility to add @queensu.ca to your safe senders list and to monitor your email and all associated email folders (inbox, spam, junk, etc.) during the application process. This includes ensuring that email inboxes and associated folders are not full and are able to receive incoming mail. We are not responsible for any correspondence that is not answered by stipulated deadlines.
Applicants are expected to conduct themselves throughout the application process in a manner that is respectful to the community, our faculty, and our staff.
Applicants or their family members, delegates and friends are not to contact the Dean, School of Medicine, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Medical Education or Associate Dean, Graduate & Postdoctoral Education directly or indirectly in any form/method/manner regarding the application process or their application. To do so, will be considered a breach of professionalism and any such contact or overtures will be noted and may jeopardize the individual’s application.
Please note that we do not respond to 3rd party inquiries that are sent on behalf of an applicant.