Congratulations to Dr. Cori Schroder, the 2012 Eduardo Bruera Award Winner!!!
1) To review various reasons for and responses to patient requests
2) To explore how such requests affect the physician-patient relationship
Flyer attached here.
1) List reasons for providing and not providing parenteral fluids to dying patients
2) Describe the evidence that exists regarding the effects of parenteral fluids on dying patients.
1. To better understand Huntington Disease and the development of genetic testing
2. To review the psychological and social impact the decision for predictive testing has on the at-risk individual and the family
*Donna Marie Letourneau will share her personal struggle with living at risk of Huntington Disease
and her experience with predictive testing
3. To discuss the ethical issues surrounding genomics and the concern for genetic discrimination as a society