A Professionalism Committee has been established by the School of Medicine at Queen's University. The Professionalism Committee meets monthly and reports on, and deals with, specific issues related to professionalism in the Queen's School of Medicine.
Terms of Reference
- To advise and lead on the identification and coordination of matters pertaining to professionalism in the School of Medicine.
- To coordinate and plan an annual event or presentation on professionalism in medicine.
- To ensure an annual process of consideration for the Ron Wigle Mentorship Award.
- To select the recipient of the Ron Wigle Mentorship Award by March 31.
- To identify the need for specific subcommittees as the need arises.
Senior Associate Dean, Medical Education
Associate Dean, Undergraduate Medicine
Associate Dean, Postgraduate Medicine
Associate Dean, Continuing Professional Development
Member from the Office of Bioethics
One Faculty Equity Officer
Member from Family Medicine
Member from Basic Sciences
One Program Director (Postgraduate Medicine)
One member with a leadership role in the preclerkship medical education program
One member with a leadership role in the clerkship medical education program
One member from the Aesculapian Society
One member from a Postgraduate Program
- The Chair will be elected by the Committee and will serve a two-year term with the opportunity for reappointment.
- Regular members will serve for two years with the opportunity for reappointment.
- Associate Deans will serve for the duration of their term.
- Students will serve for one year with the opportunity for reappointment