PowerPoint templates allow you to create a specific slide design and apply this design to all slides. In order to create a template, you’ll need to specify your design on the Slide Master and Title Master and then save your designs as a template file and then apply this template file to your presentations.To create a new template:
Keywords: powerpoint template
- Open PowerPoint and create a new blank Presentation (File > New).
- Select View > Slide Master from the menu.
- Edit the Master Slide to reflect the design you have in mind. Possible changes include changing the background colour and font colour as well as adding an image or copyright information to your slide. As you are making these changes, keep the PowerPoint Design Tips in mind and note that any changes that you make to the Slide Master will appear on all slides in your presentation, except for the title slide.
- Click “Close” when you are finished editing your Master Slide.
- To specify the design for the title slide, Go to “View > Master > Slide Master” in your menu to enter editing mode and then select “Insert > New Title Master” from the menu. Make any changes that you have so that the title slide matches or compliments your normal Slide Master and click “Close” to exiting editing mode and return to your presentation.
- To save your template, go to “File > Save” and in the Save Dialog box, select “Design Template” as your file type. Name the file and hit save. The file will be automatically saved to your templates folder.