Admission Offer Checklist
Prior to acceptance:
Responding to the Offer:
- Review this website to familiarize yourself with the Queen’s Undergraduate Medical Education program and policies.
To login to SOLUS on or after May 14:
- Use your NetID and login to My Queen’s
- Navigate to Palette tab
- Under SOLUS Student Centre click the SOLUS Student Centre link
- Click OK when if it indicates you are leaving the Queen’s site
- Scroll to the bottom of the Welcome to SOLUS page to where it says Admissions
- Click on View Status on the right hand side
- Visit the OMSAS site to respond to your offer on their system using the new Secure Applicant Messaging Tool (SAM). In order to do this, please log on to your completed OMSAS application, using your IT number and password. Then, click on the appropriate link and follow the online instructions. You will receive a confirmation number via email, once you have submitted your response. After the response is processed, you will receive a second email, with another confirmation number.
- Make an initial non-refundable payment of $1,050 with your acceptance. This will be applied toward your tutition fees and must be received within 1 week of your acceptance to ensure your place in our class. Payment information is available at http://www.queensu.ca/registrar/currentstudents/fees.html
- Submit to OMSAS your final transcripts by June 30. Any candidate that does not meet the minimum number of required credits will have their admissions offer rescinded.
Submit to the Queen’s School of Medicine Admissions Office as soon as possible the following:NOTE: Failure to provide all the required documents by August 1st will result in limited participation in clinical aspects of the MD program and your successful progression in the program will be compromised. The Admission Committee may rescind an offer of Admission if the required documents are not submitted on time.
Students with Disabilities
If you are a student with a disability for which you think you may require academic accommodations, you should register with Queen’s Disability Services Office (DSO). Please complete the pre-registration form and submit it to the DSO, along with documentation from your healthcare provider/s: http://www.queensu.ca/hcds/ds/students/registration.html
If you have a learning disability or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder you will need to send in your most recent psycho-educational assessment as early as possible so that advising staff can review it. For more information on documentation requirements for all disabilities, please visit the DSO website: http://www.queensu.ca/hcds/ds/
If you have any questions please about services for students with disabilities or documentation requirements, please contact the DSO at: