The Queen's School of Medicine uses the detailed autobiographical sketch as part of the application evaluation. This submission provides our assessors with a snapshot of a candidate's personal experiences and achievements. There are 7 categories included:
- Formal Education
- Volunteer Activities
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Awards & Accomplishments
- Publications & Research
- The autobiographical sketch is completed through the OMSAS application and then disseminated to the Admissions Committee for review.
- Please ensure that items selected to include are those most relevant to a medical school application.
- There is room in the form to provide information relating to 48 items.
- Submissions are assessed based on the quality of the listed items and the characteristics they represent (not the number of items listed).
- The candidate must list the length of time each activity has taken, location of activity, and a brief description which can be in point form.