Trauma Nursing Core Course
Introduction to theTrauma Nursing Core Course
The Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) is offered to Registered Nurses.
The Trauma Nursing Core Course is designed by nurses for nurses. The intent of this course is to provide nurses with basic knowledge and a standardized approach for the care of trauma patients. It is intended to enhance cognitive skills, sharpen technical skills and provide a foundation for future learning. Upon completion of the course, the participants will be able to perform rapid, initial assessment of the trauma patient. Participants will be able to identify injuries, institute appropriate life-saving interventions, assess patients’ responses to resuscitation and communicate with other team members.
Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) and National Emergency Nurses Affiliation (NENA)
- Trauma, Initial Assessment · Airway and Ventilation · Shock · Brain and Cranial Trauma
- Ocular, Maxillofacial and Neck Trauma Thoracic Trauma · Abdominal Trauma
- Spinal Cord and Vertebral Column Trauma · Musculoskeletal Trauma
- Surface and Burn Trauma · Special Populations: Pregnant
- Pediatric and Older Adult Trauma · Disaster Management
- Psychosocial Aspects of Trauma Care · Transition of Care for the Trauma Patient
- Trauma Nursing Process · Airway Management
- Spinal protection, Helmut Removal and Splinting Station
- Chest Trauma Intervention
This course is for Registered Nurses. It is recommended that the participants have at least six months of clinical nursing experience in an emergency care setting.
This course is limited to 18 participants. Acceptance is on a first come, first served basis.
All participants in this course will receive 13.83 Continuous Education Contact Hours (CECH).
TNCC Course: March, 4th-5th, 2015.
NENA/ENAO Members: $375.00
Non-NENA/ENAO Members: $425.00
To register for the next available course, please click here.
If you wish to contact someone concerning these sessions, please contact the Course Director, Barb Compton, at email@example.com
Fee covers registration, course materials, coffee break refreshments and lunches.