Opportunties for ResidentsPeriodically, the Postgraduate Medical Education Office is sent details of provincial and national healthcare opportunities. The details will be posted on this section of our website and you're encouraged to keep checking this page for new opportunities.
NorWest Community Health Centres, Longlac, ON - Posted November 9, 2017
Family Physician - Full-time Maternity Leave
(Contract Nov 13 2017 - Nov 9 2018)
Part-time Locum Work is Negotiable - Minimum week at a time is required
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non- profit organization funded by the North West Local Health Integration Network and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, emphasizing access to primary health care, prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a Family Physician, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team, will provide primary care to clients and their families within a care model which emphasizes health promotion/education and empowerment. Practicing at NorWest CHC’s provides longer appointment times and lower patient volumes than many other primary care settings. We have a team of Nurse Practitioners, RNs, Dietitian, Community Health Workers and Administrative support staff. Longlac is located a 3.5 hour drive from Thunder Bay.
- Annual Salary at top of our physician salary scale which is equivalent to $137.36 an hour or $962 a day. One paid travel day is included.
- No on call, evenings or weekends. Thirty five hours a week Monday to Friday.
- 30 day notice period if for some reason physician or Centre had to cancel the contract.
- Option for an extension of a month for the locum, if the returning physician from maternity leave decides to take extra time with a notice period of 60 days.
- Comfortable housing accommodation available close to the clinic.
- Job Description available upon request.
- Medical degree and family residency from a recognized university.
- Current CPSO license and CMPA registration.
- Experience in a combination of hospital and community settings and/or public health.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a multicultural community and diverse populations.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Ability to work effectively with marginalized and under serviced populations.
*This position will remain open until filled. Please submit your application to:
Debbie Inman, CHRL
Manager of Human Resources
Norwest Community Health Centres
Main Office – Thunder Bay Site
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, ON