Resident Advisory Committee
The Resident Advisory Committee was established in August 2012 to provide a forum for resident engagement in policy and management decisions within the affiliated teaching hospitals. Working collaboratively with hospital administration, the committee reports to the Postgraduate Medical Education Committee (PGMEC) and current membership includes:
- Residents from Kingston General Hospital's Joint Program Committees
- Residents from Hotel Dieu Hospital's Ambulatory Care Committee
- Residents from the Department of Family Medicine
- A Subspecialty Medicine resident
- The Core Internal Medicine Program Director
- The Directors of Medical Affairs from Kingston General and Hotel Dieu Hospitals
- The Associate Dean, Postgraduate Medical Education
- Initiated meetings with Programs through the academic half-days to ensure all residents are aware of the Resident Advisory Committee
- Residents are now members of most of the hospital committees.
- Committees without resident representation contact the Resident Advisory Committee to seek out a representative.
- Provided consultation on the development of policies (e.g., patient-records).
- Initiated changes to call-room allocations
- Provided consultation and guidance on issues affecting clerks, residents, attendings and staff (e.g., gridlock, e-discharge, ekgs)