Why Caregivers Provide Care at the End of Life: A Literature Review
Presented by: Dr. Alison Flanagan, Palliative Medicine PGY3
Friday May 19, 2017
Host site: Fenwick Conference Room @ KGH
1. Introduce the context for the question of why caregivers provide care at the end-of-life
2. Review the history of informal caregiving in palliative care
3. Present a review of the literature available on motivations for caregiving at the end-of-life
4. Engage in a discussion on how an awareness of these motivations might help inform our clinical practice and support for caregivers
5. Introduce potential "next steps" and research opportunities in this area
Flyer attached here.
Sign-in sheet attached here.
Audience Feedback attached here.